Join AWE Today
Membership of the Association is open to all women who work in education and to women who hold an interest in the education of women and girls.
If you are:
- a woman working in any sector of education;
- a woman concerned about educational issues which affect women and girls; or
- a student studying in an educational field eg. teacher undergraduates...
...then you are invited to join AWE.
- Access to a national network.
- Opportunity to attend conferences at reduced rates.
- Opportunity to participate in seminars and specialist workshops.
- Receive three issues of Redress each year.
- Purchase AWE publications at discounted prices.
- Forum for lobbying or having a say in education policies and practices that affect women and girls.
Schedule of Fees
|Women with income over $50,000||$80.00|
|Women with income $40,000-$50,000||$60.00|
|Women with income $20,000-$40,000||$45.00|
|Women with incomeup to $20,000||$20.00|
|Women without income||$10.00|
|Women over 150km from an operating branch||$40.00|
|Subscription only to Redress (non-members)||$60.00|
Subscriptions are for the period January - December and are tax deductable.
Form a local Branch
Groups of 10 or more women may like to consider forming a local Branch. Please contact the Association for a booklet on how to do this. Obtain a list of the Branches throughout Australia from the Contacts Page.
How to Join
If you wish to join now, go to the Application for Membership and complete the form. When completing the form, don't forget to select which method of payment you prefer.
Payment by payroll deduction
For employees of the Queensland Department of Education, Catholic Education Office, Townsville and Toowoomba, payment by payroll deduction each fortnight is preferred. Please include your payroll number on the membership application form.
Payment by cheque
Alternatively, you can send your cheque for the required amount made out to the Association of Women Educators, to the address shown below:
Association of Women Educators
PO Box 3869
Loganholme Qld 4129
Payment by direct deposit
Payment may be made by direct deposit to the following account:
Account Name: Association of Women Educators Inc.
BSB: 804 002
Account No: 1208808
Reference: First name & Family name
Payment on invoice
Alternatively, you may submit the membership application form electronically, and we will invoice you later.